- In an inspiring showcase of creativity and environmental commitment, FUTA students wowed us with their waste recycling and upcycling skills during a workshop on August 26th, 2023.
A Sacrifice Amidst Exams:
- Despite upcoming exams, these students chose to make a difference by participating.
- FUTA’s Vice Chancellor, Prof. Adenike Oladiji, lauded their ingenuity and commitment to recycling, aligning with the university’s motto, “Technology for self-reliance.”
Encouragement for the Future:
- Prof. Oladiji encouraged these students to continue learning hands-on, emphasizing the value of their skills.
- She thanked Dr. Oladeji Sunday Oladipo and Dr. Mrs. Sadiat Funmilayo Arifalo for their dedication in fostering student creativity.
From Waste to Beauty:
- Dr. Oladeji highlighted the workshop’s core purpose, equipping students with crafting skills for self-reliance.
- Students crafted tote bags, flower decorations, vases, phone holders, and more from discarded items.
- A generous diaspora member donated a sum of 35,000 Naira to support FUTA’s Circular Economy Hub.
- They’ll dedicate their upcoming birthday to fundraising for the project.
- This workshop is just the first step towards our goal.
- We need your support to build, purchase equipment, and make the HUB a reality.
- Your donations will drive sustainable living, employment, and skill-building.
- Keep an eye on our website for the donation link.